Pre-Membership Psychiatric Trainee (PMPT) registration
Who it is for?
Pre-Membership Psychiatric Trainee (PMPT) registration is for
qualified medical practitioners who are on
a CT1-3, ST1-3, LAT or FTSTA Psychiatry
rotation and intend to train for the MRCPsych (Membership)
- Includes access to Portfolio Online
- College publications: free monthly online copies of the
British Journal of
Psychiatry, The Psychiatric Bulletin, and
Evidence-Based Mental Health; free online access to
Advances in Psychiatric Treatment from January 2012.
- Minimum of 50% discount at most College Faculty and Section
meetings and at the College Annual Meeting, which is an
international conference offering over 50 academic sessions, 30
workshops, and 12 institutes.
- Includes fees for recommendations to the GMC for CCT/CESR
- Dedicated Psychiatric Trainees’ Committee webpages and
- Information on Less Than Full Time (LTFT) training.
- 10% discount on Council Reports and RCPsych
publications, books and products.
- Local Division membership.
- Affiliation to Specialist Faculties/Sections (non-voting
- Access to regional advisor and guidance on regional
- Opportunity to join Special Interest
- Opportunity to contribute to College policy.
- Opportunity to contribute to the work of the College -
advertisements for volunteers appear in The Psychiatric
Bulletin and The Registrar.
- Reduced rates for selected courses run by the College's
Centre for Advanced Learning & Conferences
- Library services, including open access computer and internet
service, electronic catalogue, policy index, electronic databases,
four literature searches per year by library staff, 50 pages free
photocopying from library journals each year.
- 40% reduction for private room hire at College between 8 am and
7 pm weekdays.
- Purchase of College memorabilia.
For more information contact:
Membership Data Office
Royal College of Psychiatrists
21 Prescot Street
Back to Trainees' Home
Page last updated: 4 September 2014