Clinical Evidence Mental Health
Royal College of Psychiatrists/BMJ Publishing Group
This book contains the mental health
section extracted from Clinical Evidence, Issue 11 (BMJ
Publishing Group), the international source of the best available
evidence for effective healthcare.
The book presents clear, concise
summaries of the current state of the evidence on the prevention
and treatment of mental health disorders derived, where possible,
from randomised controlled trials and systematic reviews.
This third edition covers 15
different mental health disorders, 27 questions, and over 200
- Based on the latest Clinical Evidence search and appraisal
- Includes evidence on the short and long term treatment of
mental health disorders and their complications.
- Assesses drug treatments, non-drug treatments, and
- Uses explicit methodology for selecting which evidence to
- Categorises interventions according to whether they have been
found to be effective or not.
- Presents key messages and structured summaries of filtered
- Presents the balance between benefits and harms of
"Very readable, accessible AND
relevant to clinical practice."
Primary Care Psychiatry
Clinical Evidence Mental
A guide to the text
How Clinical Evidence is put
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Deliberate self harm
Depression in children and adolescents
Domestic violence towards women
Generalised anxiety disorder
Obsessive compulsive disorder
Post-traumatic stress disorder
Index Appendix 1: The NNT
Appendix 2: Abbreviations, and How to calculate risk